Established in 1998, PMSF (Medical Physicists Without Borders) in an NGO working in the field of medical physics in cancer research and treatment.PMSF’s activities are carried out by volunteer medical physicists, radiotherapists, engineers and radiology technicians.
PMSF has the following missions :
- Promoting medical physics in all of its applications
- Developing resources for training, meetings, dialogue and exchange
- Carrying out on behalf of the association any study or programs intended to provide assistance to requesting structures, whether in emergency situations or in the context of development projects
- Recycling and distributing medical equipment for the provision of care to disadvantaged populations (medical and technical equipment, pharmaceutical products). Such transfers always include expert assistance and specialized training for installation, maintenance and use of equipment and materials
- Responding to the requests of public health authorities and non-governmental organizations when they call on PMSF’s skills and expertise.
The partnership between PMSF and European Cancer Centers concerns the training of medical personnel.